The Fund’s investment manager uses a value-oriented investment approach to small and mid-cap global equities that seeks to identify and invest in quality businesses that create significant value but are mispriced, overlooked and out-of-favour. The investment manager believes that unique opportunities exist due to limited available research, corporate actions ,unfavourable investor perception or other special circumstances.
The investment manager conducts independent analysis to generate its own investment ideas. Investment opportunities must meet the following 5 criteria to be considered for inclusion in the portfolio:
- A durable competitive advantage
- Management alignment with minority shareholders
- Strong corporate governance policies
- Balance sheets that enable the company to self-fund if the credit markets temporarily close
- Compelling valuations based on the company’s long-term cash flow generating potential